Play Charles Louis de Faverolles, a young Frenchman with a lot of dreams. Help him to steer clear of the traps of the King's court in Versailles, 1700 AD.
The affair causing a stir throughout the Kingdom of France and all of Europe is the Spanish succession. Who will King Charles II name in his will as heir to his innumerable possessions?
It is at this point that Charles Louis de Farevolles turns up at the Court of Louis XIV, with neither influence at Court nor money. He is, however, armed with the ambition to become a diplomat, in the hope of being sent specifically to Spain, where he yearns to be reunited with the maiden Elvira, his childhood sweetheart.
Taking on the role of this character, you must enter the Court and acquire its customs. You will need to choose your allies, unfurl plots involving spies and courtiers, and, in the words of the Minister for Foreign Affairs; be prepared to perform innumerable services!
View All (6)Screenshots
- A gripping adventure based on real events in a faithfully reproduced period setting.
- Lavish and varied dcor: the Chteau, the Grande Ecurie, and above all, the gardens, with their underground passages and gushing fountains, including some reconstructed marvels no longer intact today.
- Authentic characters from the Court and Louis XIV himself with whom it is necessary to converse in order to progress through the game.
- Dynamic visual and sound effects that add to the adventure's realism.
- Puzzles to be solved, situations to be reversed, webs of intrigue to untangle.
- Games that were actually practiced at the Court of the Sun King integrated into the adventure, such as lansquenet & pall mall.
- A document library directly linked to the game to enrich knowledge and discover life in the castle and the court.
- The works of Lully, Marin Marais, Couperin et Campra performed by the Cappriccio Stravagante Orchestra and directed by the harpsichordist Skip Semp.
Release Date: 1 DEC 2001
Platform: Windows PC, On Sale
Gameplay: Mystery, Single-Player, Historical, Adventure
OS : Windows XP
CPU: Pentium IV 3 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
Video Card: GeForce 6800 GT / Radeon 1800XT
One time internet activation required
View All Videos
(click to view)