Bracken Tor to be Delayed
Early Q1 2012 now new release date.
Publisher Iceberg Interactive announced today the news that the upcoming PC horror adventure game Bracken Tor: The Time of Tooth and Claw, currently in development by British developer Shadow Tor Studios, has been further delayed. The new expected release date is now "early Q1 2012".
On the delays for Bracken Tor, an Iceberg Interactive spokesperson had this to say: “The developer is and has been working hard on the game, which has become much bigger over the past year than originally intended. We are aware the Bracken Tor release date has been moved back several times now and we do regret missing the Halloween deadline, but Shadow Tor is a small indie developer working on a really big project and as such it can be difficult to actually tie things up." He continued to say: "We're quite sure the developer will finish the project before Christmas 2011 but that will not give us time to release it this year. That being said we are still convinced Bracken Tor will be an adventure game classic. We know we're asking for a lot of patience, especially from customers who have pre-ordered. It has been a long wait, but we want to make that wait worthwhile instead of rushing an unfinished product out. Hence, we have now adapted the more generic Q1-2012 date which basically means 'when it's done', to avoid people focusing on a specific date and getting their hopes up.”
For those that haven't kept up with Bracken Tor, this horror adventure game puts players in the shoes of a bold journalist, looking to make it big on the front page. Livestock have been found torn to shreds and now a murder of a lone hiker has been discovered. Are there beasts traveling about Moorland on a vicious and deadly hunt? What about the strange glowing lights? Investigate the stone formation Bracken Tor to discover what is happening in the darkness. For more information, visit the official website by clicking here.
Some of the features of Bracken Tor includes:
- Explore the desolate moorland & ancient sites, searching for evidence.
- Travel back in time, to The Bronze Age, to learn its secrets.
- A complete interactive world; brought to life on your PC.
- Environmental sounds and weather to heighten the experience.
- An unnerving and eerie soundtrack to chill the blood.
- Experience virtual archaeology, and uncover the past.
- Survive beast attacks using items close at hand. Defend yourself!
- A complex and unusual story to piece together.
- Glean clues from newspaper articles and local radio broadcasts.
- Solve a bloody murder through investigation and detection.