Sword of the Stars: The Pit releases on Steam
A fun, fast, light-hearted RPG
March 12, 2013 - Kerberos Productions, the makers of the Sword of the Stars series of 4X strategy titles, are pleased to announce the release of their first science fiction role-playing game, Sword of the Stars: The Pit on Steam.
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is a fun, fast, light-hearted RPG in the tradition of Rogue and other old school dungeon-diving games. Set in the popular Sword of the Stars universe, the game offers a rich science fiction backdrop and sharp modern gameplay. The game’s turn-based mechanics and playful art style are suitable to a wide audience.
The Pit is the first independent title to be published by Kerberos. The studio launched the project as its first crowd-funding campaign in October 2012. Hundreds of players stepped forward to support the team and to participate in the game’s Exclusive Beta period. Four months later, Kerberos is proud to be a successful, not to mention one of the fastest crowdfunding campaigns to date. From all the hard work and player support comes a critically-acclaimed, highly addictive romp through 30 levels of science fiction mayhem.
Please email contact@kerberos-productions for further information or to request a review copy. (Or, y'know, email me)
- 3 Characters to choose from... Marine, Scout and Engineer.
- 4 Levels of Difficult, from Easy to Insane.
- Improve your character and increase your skills as you try and find a way to survive the depths.
- 30 Levels of ancient evil science between you and the cure.
- Dozens and dozens of enemies drawn from the Sword of the Stars universe.
- Over 50 weapons and armors with a variety of special effects including flamethrowers, rocket launchers, plasma cannons and powered Brawler armor.
- Randomized augmentation effects (for your equipment... and for you!) make each game unique.
- Crafting lets you make special items from bits and pieces of your enemies.
- Over 100 items to discover, ranging from the familiar to ancient exotic tech.
- Dozens of room types containing a host of exotic devices to help - or maybe hinder - your progress.
- Discover and decipher hidden messages, crafting recipes, and pieces of Sword of the Stars lore.
- A whole host of Steam achievements act as evidence of just how deep into The Pit you can survive.
- Many fiendish ways to die including poisoning, disease, traps, radiation, starvation and of course... MONSTERS.
Web page: http://sots-thepit.com/
ABOUT KERBEROS PRODUCTIONS
Kerberos Productions is a gathering of experienced video game developers based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. Before forming their own company, the team was involved in the development of both Homeworld: Cataclysm for Sierra and Treasure Planet: Battle at Procyon for Disney Interactive before developing their own IP. Kerberos has released two games and four expansions to the 4X Sword of the Stars series, as well as the indie Fort Zombie, and is pleased as punch to be expanding the SotS universe into new game genres. Stay tuned – we have much more planned. For additional information, please visit www.kerberos-productions.com